(This works great !!! Good for when all your family is together. The best part is that no one has to wait for their special omelette !!!)
2 eggs per person
Variety of chopped ingredients: cheeses, ham, onion, green pepper, tomato, hash browns, salsa, etc.
Large Ziploc bag per person
Large Pot of Boiling Water
- Have guests write their name on a quart-size Ziploc freezer bag with permanent marker.
- Crack 2 eggs (large or extra-large) into the bag (not more than 2) shake to combine them.
- Put out a variety of ingredients such as: cheeses, ham, onion, green pepper, tomato, hash browns, salsa, etc.
- Each guest adds prepared ingredients of choice to their bag and shakes. Make sure to get the air out of the bag and zip it up.
- Place the bags into rolling, boiling water for exactly 13 minutes [we did 15 minutes]. You can usually cook 6-8 omelettes in a large pot. For more, make another pot of boiling water.
- Open the bags and the omelette will roll out easily. Be prepared for everyone to be amazed.
Imagine having these ready the night before, and putting the bag in boiling water while you get ready. And in 15 minutes, you've got a nice omelette for a quick breakfast!!!