Here's a different take on a traditional Halloween treat from the Marilyn Dennis Show! We used to make popcorn balls with corn syrup,and butter, but then found my daughter was sensitive to corn products. This version from the Marilyn Dennis site, includes almond,sunflower or peanut butter and brown rice syrup. I'm not sure how much healthier this recipe is than the regular recipe.You may want to use the food finder nutrition calculator to compare your version with this one.
(Makes approx 28)
Healthy Popcorn Balls Ingredients :
- 7 Cups Popcorn (air blown or in a pot old fashioned style
- 1/2 Cup Almond, Sunflower or Peanut Butter
- 1/2 Cup Brown Rice Syrup (found at most health food stores)
Healthy Popcorn Balls Directions1. Place nut butter and rice syrup in a saucepan and warm over medium heat about 1 minute till it becomes spreadable.
2. Pour mixture over the popped popcorn (make sure to take out any unpopped kernels) in a bowl and with a rubber spatula or using your hands, coat the popcorn with the nut butter mixture.
3. With damp hands, roll into 1 1/2 inch balls, or leave the mixture loose for a great snack.